Blessings on a Roll

I have found the blessing
That this ugly wheelchair holds
For though my body be constrained
It can’t tether my soul.

It has caused me to slow down
To a humble, rolling pace.
It has caused me to appreciate
Your all-sufficient grace.

To remain within this chair, Lord
I find I am content.
And even in this circumstance
My time has been well spent.

For just the other day I watched
The leaves upon the trees,
All brilliant with their changing colors
Dancing in the breeze.

And I found I was content
To just sit in this chair
Enjoying Your creation
Knowing You were there.

My joy came not from doing,
But from giving up control
So, ‘til You call me to my feet,
I’ll just sit … and wait … and roll.

Copyright © 1998 by Jennifer Welsh


“ … I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.” Phil. 4:11b

No comments: