Nowhere Else to Go

Nowhere else to do … so here I am
Crush in spirit, wanting just to flee
Yet there’s nowhere I can run away from You
So I’ve nowhere else to go, but on my knees.

How long has it been since I’ve been here, Lord?
Seems ages since I’ve really talked with Thee
Each day a thousand things beg my attention
Yet now I’ve nowhere else go to, but on my knees.

No longer can I hold it all together
Convicted by my overwhelming need
Faltering … now falling here before You
I’ve nowhere else to go, but on my knees.

Father, please forgive this wretched sinner
Wash me in The Blood, this is my plea
May I never wander from Your presence
For there’s nowhere else to go, but on my knees.

Copyright 2000 by Jennifer Welsh

“I have been driven many times to my knees
by the overwhelming conviction
that I had nowhere else to go.”
Abraham Lincoln

No comments: