Just Rolling Along

“How do I clean house from a wheelchair?” you ask.
Well, to be certain, it is quite a task.
But by using my teeth and chin and toes,
This is the way my cleaning day goes:

I gather three bags--they all must have handles;
My feet must be bare, I can’t even wear sandals.
Now, from the floor, using my toes
I pick up the clutter, the trash, dirty clothes.

I’ve finally mastered the “two-toe pick up.”
And it really works swell ... unless I hiccup.
With teeth holding bags, I move room to room;
Why, my teeth can even carry a broom.

Granted it’s not the tastiest task,
But, really, there isn’t much to it.
I just take care not to cough or sneeze
After all, I don’t want to chew it.

Or sometimes I carry things under my chin;
This works great for smaller items.
Things like my husband’s dirty old socks,
‘Cause, believe me, I don’t want to bite ‘em!

Onward I roll, through every room
The bags, clutched by teeth, I do bring.
I’ll even hum a tune as I go,
But with my mouth full, I can’t sing.

With bags overflowing, the task is complete
Now I can take time and rest.
It’s really not quite as bad as it sounds
But stopping is what I like best!

Copyright 1999 by Jennifer Welsh

1/9/99

No comments: