More Like Christ

“ … our present sufferings are not worth comparing
with the glory that will be revealed in us.”
Romans 8:18 NIV

Troubles that teach me to trust the Lord
Abound in this world full of sorrow,
But ever faithful, Jesus is there
Offering hope for each ’morrow.

And were it His will, He could keep me
Safe and secure from all pain,
But ‘tis only through trials that trust is born
So without them, I’ve nothing to gain.

So I’ll keep my mind stayed on Jesus
Though assaulted each night and day,
Against all temptation, I shall prevail.
For it’s God I choose to obey.

It’s His will I desire, not mine,
Whatever the struggle or strife
For I know that through all He is molding me
And making me more like Christ.

Copyright 2003 by Jennifer Welsh


May 16, 2003
40 Days of Purpose, Week 4

No comments: